Fri, 30 Sept|
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat
Tantra Sweat Lodge Retreat: The Body Ecstatic
An in-depth exploration of The Body Ecstatic for Men Who Love Men
Time & Location
30 Sept 2022, 6:00 pm – 02 Oct 2022, 1:00 pm
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat , 297 Waingaro Road, Ngāruawāhia 3793, New Zealand
About the event
This event is limited to 12 participants. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days or are feeling unwell, we request that you attend a future event. Please contact Grant directly for more details.
Welcome to the Sweat Lodge Conscious Sexuality Retreat: The Body Ecstatic
· Have you experienced your own natural energy of ecstasy, the Kundalini Shakti?
· Do you want to learn authentic, effective Tantric techniques to experience this kundalini energy to bring deep transformation and joy into your life?
· Do you wish to be in sacred space with other like-minded and like-hearted men to deepen your experience of intimacy, connection, self-esteem, communication, and self-acceptance?
In this residential retreat for single and partnered men who love men, you will discover:
· KEW Kundalini Energy Work: a way to work with the kundalini energy that brings beneficial transformation into your life. Kundalini Energy Work removes blocks to our growth, over time moving us deeper into our natural state of connectedness and happiness.
· WBE: Whole Body Ecstasy work: a very effective way to strengthen our connection to the kundalini energy, letting us "run" ecstatic orgasmic energy through our whole body. Yes! Men can be multi-orgasmic, and WBE is a very effective way to achieve this.
· Practical and fun couples and solo practices you can work with on retreat and at home to deepen your experience of self-esteem, self-acceptance, and self-like.
Classical Tantric Teachings:
In this interactive and fun retreat, Meditation, Tantra, and Conscious Sexuality Facilitator Grant Shepherd will guide us in our shared exploration of The Body Ecstatic. According to Tantra, kundalini is our natural bio-energy, and consciously connecting with this energy can help us touch our natural joy and bliss. Together we’ll explore powerful, time-honoured, and effective Tantric technology to increase our natural connection with our kundalini energy. The entire retreat is sacred safe space; all exercises are clothed, consent based and respectful at all times. Bring your curiosity, willingness to share, and your sense of fun and play!
The Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony:
This retreat features a Sweat Lodge and a Pipe Ceremony. A ceremony of transformation, the Sweat Lodge is an integral part of the retreat, bringing sacred healing, blessings, and new beginnings into our lives. The Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony are both powerful ways to receive and give prayers and blessings and to open to our inner guidance. Our facilitators for these ceremonies are Te Rangimarie and Rob Carter, who spent many years participating and leading ceremonies under the guidance of respected elders and teachers from North America, Canada, Alaska, and New Zealand. TeRangimarie and Rob have a personal commitment to honouring their elders and teachers and have received blessings from them to offer these ceremonies at Manu Wairua, a nurturing, peaceful place of retreat. TeRangimarie and Rob will skilfully guide us on each step of the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony journey.
About Manu Wairua Retreat :
TeRangimarie and Rob created their property as a spiritual retreat 22 years ago. The accommodation space is a renovated and comfortable woolshed with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, outdoor outhouse toilets, and a large outdoor deck with BBQ. It sleeps up to 15 with a combination of beds, couches, and air mattresses on the floor, or you are welcome to bring a tent and camp on the land (please note if camping you will still be charged the accommodation fee to help cover costs.) Please note that while there is a contribution for the firewood and tobacco for the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremonies, the ceremonies themselves are offered free of charge.
Things to know:
The property is alcohol and drug free. Please refrain from drugs or alcohol at least 48hrs before and after the retreat and ceremonies. This will ensure you mind and body are clear so you can receive maximum benefit from your time on retreat and the ceremonies.
What to wear into the Sweat Lodge:
Teachings are from traditional ways. Men wear shorts or sarong; a t-shirt is optional. Please refrain from nudity.
What to bring:
· A sacred item for our altar co-creation.
· A white sage bundle for your own personal Sweat Lodge offering.
· Anything you need for your personal wellbeing: toiletries, medication, earplugs, bug repellent, etc.
· Your own bedding (we supply bottom sheet, pillow with pillowcase.)
· A towel for a shower after the lodge.
· Shared snacks for the time you are here.
Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony Tobacco Offering:
Ceremonial medicines: Tobacco is one of the traditional plant medicines used in the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony and is traditionally offered to the Elder running the ceremonies. The Elder offers it on all our behalf, asking for healing and protection, as an offering to the Creator and the Spirit Helpers. Tobacco holds a spiritual energy and is known by some Native Elders as “The Grandmother who brings the honouring to the ceremony”. It is customary to gift a pouch of tobacco to the Lodge Elder as an honouring for hosting the ceremony. Grant will offer this on behalf of all attending the retreat.
Registration Fee (all inclusive: accommodation, meals, tuition, sweat lodge, pipe ceremony, tobacco offering, and firewood for heating the accommodation/kura.)
Please contact Grant directly for registration payment details.
If you wish to attend, but registration cost at this time is an issue for you, you are most welcome to contact Grant directly to discuss other options:
We warmly invite you to join us on this sacred exploration of The Body Ecstatic!
+$8.75 service fee
All inclusive: accommodation, meals, teaching content, and ceremonies.
+$8.75 service fee0