Fri, 30 Dec|
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat
New Year's Retreat: The Fire of Self-Love
You are warmly invited to the New Year's Tantra Sweat Lodge Retreat: The Fire of Self-Love.
Time & Location
30 Dec 2022, 5:00 pm – 01 Jan 2023, 12:00 pm
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat , 2197 Waingaro Road, Waingaro 3793, New Zealand
About the event
Welcome to the New Year's Conscious Sexuality Tantra Sweat Lodge Retreat for Men who love Men: The Fire of Self-Love
· Do new beginnings excite you?
· Do you want to know what authentic Self-Love is and what it could mean for you?
· Does the mystery and wisdom of Tantra speak to you?
· Do you want to learn tantric teachings and practices to help you grow in love of yourself and others?
· Would you like to learn authentic tantric tools and techniques to help you deepen your experience of intimacy, connection, self-esteem, and self-acceptance?
In this residential retreat for single and partnered men who love men, you will discover:
· Kundalini, the sacred energy of tantra, and how this energy can deepen our experience of Self-Love.
· Classical tantric teachings on Self-Love.
· Classical tantric practices to work with, both at the retreat and at home, to deepen your experience of true self-esteem and self-acceptance, powerfully uplifting your life and the lives of those around you.
Authentic Tantric Teachings:
In this interactive and fun retreat, Conscious Sexuality facilitator Grant Shepherd will guide us in a shared exploration of the Fire of Self-Love and this means for us as men who love men. Together we’ll explore classical Tantric technology for cultivating and sharing authentic Self-Love. These teachings, derived from classical Tantra, are powerful, time-honoured, and effective and can bring many benefits into your life.
The entire retreat is sacred safe space; all exercises will be clothed, consent based and respectful at all times. Bring your curiosity, willingness to share, and your sense of fun and play!
The Sweat Lodge:
The retreat will feature a Sweat Lodge ceremony on January 1st, a powerful and beautiful way to bring in the New Year, and an opportunity for us to offer our intentions for 2022. The Sweat Lodge , a ceremony of purification and renewal, brings sacred healing, blessings, and new beginnings into our lives. Our ceremonial facilitators are TeRangimarie and Rob Carter, who spent many years participating and leading purification ceremonies under the guidance of respected elders and teachers from North America, Canada, Alaska, and here in New Zealand.
TeRangimarie and Rob have a personal commitment to honouring their elders and teachers and received blessings from them to offer these ceremonies at Manu Wairua, a nurturing, peaceful place of retreat. TeRangimarie and Rob will skilfully guide us on each step of the sweat lodge journey.
About Manu Wairua Retreat :
TeRangimarie and Rob created their property as a spiritual retreat 22 years ago. The accommodation space is a renovated and comfortable woolshed with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, outdoor outhouse toilets, and a large outdoor deck with BBQ. It sleeps up to 15 with a combination of beds, couches, and air mattresses on the floor, or you are welcome to bring a tent and camp on the land—please note if camping you will still be charged the accommodation fee.
Things to know:
The property is alcohol and drug free. Please refrain from drugs or alcohol at least 48hrs before and after the retreat and ceremony. This will ensure you mind and body are clear so you can receive maximum benefit from your time on retreat.
What to wear into the lodge:
Our teachings are from traditional ways. Men wear shorts or sarong; a t-shirt is optional. Please refrain from nudity.
What to bring:
· A sacred item for our altar co-creation.
· A white sage bundle for your own personal sweat lodge offering.
· Anything you need for your personal wellbeing: toiletries, medication, earplugs, bug repellent, etc.
· Your own bedding (we supply bottom sheet, pillow with pillowcase.)
· A towel for a shower after the lodge.
· Shared snacks for the time you are here.
Sweat Lodge Tobacco Offering:
Ceremonial medicines: Tobacco is one of the traditional plant medicines used in the sweat lodge and is traditionally offered to the Elder running the ceremony. The Elder offers it on all our behalf, asking for healing and protection, as an offering to the Creator and the Spirit Helpers. Tobacco holds a spiritual energy and is known by some Native Elders as “The Grandmother who brings ‘the honouring to the ceremony’”. It is customary to gift a pouch of tobacco to the Lodge Elder as an honouring for hosting the ceremony. Grant will offer this on behalf of all attending the retreat.
Registration Fee (all inclusive: accommodation, meals, tuition, tobacco offering, pipe ceremony, and sweat lodge:)
Please contact Grant directly for registration payment details.
If you wish to attend, but registration at this time is an issue for you, you are most welcome to contact him directly to discuss other options:
We warmly invite you to join us on this sacred Tantric celebration of the New Year: The Fire of Self-Love
All-inclusive retreat registration$350.00+$8.75 service fee