Fri, 24 Jun|
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat
You are warmly invited to the Matariki Conscious Sexuality Sweat Lodge Retreat: Kundalini Rising. Join us for a shared exploration of the powerful and deeply transformative energy of Classical Tantra: Kundalini Shakti.
Time & Location
24 Jun 2022, 6:00 pm NZST – 26 Jun 2022, 1:00 pm NZST
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat , 2197 Waingaro Road, Waingaro 3793, New Zealand
About the event
This event is limited to 15 participants. Please note: We will be following Manu Wairua Covid 19 Protocols, based on NZ governmental protocols applicable at the time. For more information, please contact Grant directly.
Welcome to the Matariki Sweat Lodge Conscious Sexuality Retreat: Kundalini Rising
· Have you heard of Kundalini, the mysterious and powerful energy of Classical Tantra?
· Do you want to learn authentic, effective Tantric techniques to experience the kundalini energy, which can bring deep transformation and joy into your life?
· Do you wish to be in sacred space with other like-minded and like-hearted men to deepen your experience of intimacy, connection, self-esteem, communication, and self-acceptance?
In this residential retreat for single and partnered men who love men, you will discover:
· KEW Kundalini Energy Work, a powerful way to work with the kundalini energy that brings beneficial transformation into your life. Kundalini Energy Work removes blocks to our growth, and over time moves us deeper into our natural state of connectedness and happiness.
· Classical Tantric practices to strengthen our connection to the kundalini energy, including breath, posture, and awareness techniques.
· Practical and fun practices you can work with on retreat and at home to deepen your experience of self-esteem, self-acceptance, and self-like.
Classical Tantric Teachings:
In this interactive and fun retreat, Meditation, Tantra, and Conscious Sexuality Facilitator Grant Shepherd will guide us in our shared exploration of Kundalini Rising. According to Tantra, kundalini is our natural bio-energy, and consciously connecting with this energy can bring many benefits and blessings into our lives. Together we’ll explore powerful, time-honoured, and effective Tantric technology to increase our natural connection with our kundalini energy. The entire retreat is sacred safe space; all exercises are clothed, consent based and respectful at all times. Bring your curiosity, willingness to share, and your sense of fun and play!
The Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony:
This retreat features a Sweat Lodge and a Pipe Ceremony. A ceremony of transformation, the Sweat Lodge is an integral part of the retreat, bringing sacred healing, blessings, and new beginnings into our lives. It is a perfect ceremony to take part in during Matariki, a time of honouring the past and making plans for the future. The Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony are both powerful ways to receive and give prayers and blessings and to open to our inner guidance. Our facilitators for these ceremonies are Te Rangimarie and Rob Carter, who spent many years participating and leading ceremonies under the guidance of respected elders and teachers from North America, Canada, Alaska, and New Zealand. TeRangimarie and Rob have a personal commitment to honouring their elders and teachers and have received blessings from them to offer these ceremonies at Manu Wairua, a nurturing, peaceful place of retreat. TeRangimarie and Rob will skilfully guide us on each step of the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony journey.
About Manu Wairua Retreat :
TeRangimarie and Rob created their property as a spiritual retreat 22 years ago. The accommodation space is a renovated and comfortable woolshed with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, outdoor outhouse toilets, and a large outdoor deck with BBQ. It sleeps up to 15 with a combination of beds, couches, and air mattresses on the floor, or you are welcome to bring a tent and camp on the land (please note if camping you will still be charged the accommodation fee to help cover costs.) Please note that while there is a contribution for the firewood and tobacco for the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremonies, the ceremonies themselves are offered free of charge.
Things to know:
The property is alcohol and drug free. Please refrain from drugs or alcohol at least 48hrs before and after the retreat and ceremonies. This will ensure you mind and body are clear so you can receive maximum benefit from your time on retreat and the ceremonies.
What to wear into the Sweat Lodge:
Teachings are from traditional ways. Men wear shorts or sarong; a t-shirt is optional. Please refrain from nudity.
What to bring:
· A sacred item for our altar co-creation.
· A white sage bundle for your own personal Sweat Lodge offering.
· Anything you need for your personal wellbeing: toiletries, medication, earplugs, bug repellent, etc.
· Your own bedding (we supply bottom sheet, pillow with pillowcase.)
· A towel for a shower after the lodge.
· Shared snacks for the time you are here.
Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony Tobacco Offering:
Ceremonial medicines: Tobacco is one of the traditional plant medicines used in the Sweat Lodge and Pipe Ceremony and is traditionally offered to the Elder running the ceremonies. The Elder offers it on all our behalf, asking for healing and protection, as an offering to the Creator and the Spirit Helpers. Tobacco holds a spiritual energy and is known by some Native Elders as “The Grandmother who brings the honouring to the ceremony”. It is customary to gift a pouch of tobacco to the Lodge Elder as an honouring for hosting the ceremony. Grant will offer this on behalf of all attending the retreat.
Registration Fee (all inclusive: accommodation, meals, tuition, sweat lodge, pipe ceremony, tobacco offering, and firewood for heating the accommodation/kura.)
Please contact Grant directly for registration payment details.
If you wish to attend, but registration cost at this time is an issue for you, you are most welcome to contact Grant directly to discuss other options:
We warmly invite you to join us on this sacred exploration of Kundalini Rising.
Retreat Registration Ticket
+$8.75 service fee
This ticket is all inclusive of meals, accommodation, tuition, the sweat lodge, and pipe ceremony.
+$8.75 service fee0