Fri, 24 Nov|
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat, Waingaro
Conscious Pathways Retreat: Intimacy and Ceremony
An Exploration of Intimacy and Ceremony for Men who love Men
Time & Location
24 Nov 2023, 6:00 pm – 26 Nov 2023, 1:00 pm
Manu Wairua Spiritual Retreat, Waingaro, 2197 Waingaro Road, Waingaro 3793, New Zealand
About the event
***Please Note: Registration for this event is now full. The next retreat date is in Feb 2024, exact date TBC. To join the waitlist, please contact Grant directly. Thank you.***
Welcome to the Conscious Pathways Sweat Lodge Tantra Retreat for Men Who Love Men: "Intimacy and Ceremony."
Each Conscious Pathways retreat is unique and open to both newcomers and returning retreat participants, singles and couples.
This Sweat Lodge Tantra Retreat "Intimacy and Ceremony" will be an exploration of authentic intimacy and the power of ceremony to bring us to this inner space. During the weekend we will dive deep into our exploration of intimacy, what it means to us, and how to experience more of it in our lives.
Retreat Elements will include:
- Daily Heart Circle for conscious communication in safe space.
- Tantric meditation and embodiment practices to explore and deepen intimacy.
- The Native American Sweat Lodge ceremony.
- Beneficial practices to take home with you when the retreat is complete.
Meditation Mentor and Intimacy Facilitator Grant Shepherd will guide us throughout the retreat weekend and our exploration of "Intimacy and Ceremony."
An integral part of the retreat will be the Sweat Lodge Ceremony, a traditional Native American purification ceremony. A ceremony of renewal that brings deep spiritual and physical purification, it is known by the Native American Lakota people as the Inipi ceremony. This sacred ceremony brings healing and new beginnings into our lives. Each sweat lodge ceremony takes us deeper into our understanding of ourselves and our true nature.
TeRangimarie and Rob Carter will be our ceremony facilitators for the lodge. For many years they have been participating in and leading ceremonies under the guidance of respected elders and teachers from North America, Canada, Alaska, and here in New Zealand. TeRangimarie and Rob have a personal commitment to honouring their elders and teachers, and they received blessings from their elders and teachers to continue taking on the responsibility of offering these ceremonies in a nurturing and safe place, Manu Wairua retreat. This ceremony is a very enriching and powerful experience that has touched many people in very deep ways. TeRangimarie and Rob will skilfully guide us on each step of the sweat lodge journey.
The entire event will be safe space. The exercises will be clothed, consent based, and respectful.
Ceremony and Etiquette:
Please try to arrive on time – if you can’t make the 6 pm start time please let Grant know so we can welcome you when you arrive. You are welcome to come earlier to settle in. This will allow us time to make introductions and offer preparatory teachings before beginning the retreat.
Ceremonial medicines: Tobacco is one of the traditional plant medicines used in the purification sweat lodge. Tobacco is the plant medicine traditionally offered to the Elder running the ceremony. It is used by the Elder as an offering to the Creator and the Spirit Helpers asking for healing and protection for themselves and those attending the ceremony. Tobacco holds a spiritual energy and is known by some Native Elders as “The Grandmother who brings ‘the honouring to the ceremony’”. It is customary to gift a pouch of tobacco to the Lodge Elder as an honouring for hosting the ceremony. If coming as a group one pouch is acceptable, handed to the Elder before the ceremony on behalf of those attending. This will be taken care of by Grant.
About Manu Wairua:
Created as a spiritual retreat 22 years ago, the accommodation space is a renovated and comfortable woolshed with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, outdoor outhouse toilets, and a large outdoor deck with BBQ. It sleeps up to 15 with a combination of beds, couches, and air mattresses on the floor, or you are welcome to bring a tent and camp on the land—please note if camping you will still be charged the accommodation fee.
Things to know:
· The property is alcohol and drug free. Please refrain from drugs or alcohol at least 48hrs before and after the ceremony.
· What to wear into the lodge. Our teachings are from traditional ways. Men wear shorts or sarong; a t-shirt is optional; please refrain from nudity.
· Please bring your own bedding (we supply bottom sheet, pillow with pillowcase.)
· Please bring a towel for a shower after the lodge.
· Please bring shared snacks for the time you are here.
· Please bring a white sage smudge stick as your personal offering to the sweat lodge. You can find these online or at spiritual bookstores.
Financial contribution: $450:00 per person (all-inclusive of tuition, accommodation, meals, and wood and resources for ceremonies.)
· Please note that at times retreat registration may rise slightly due to price increases in food, tobacco, fuel, accommodation etc. Winter events will include a surcharge for heating costs. These events will always be fairly priced to help people attend, observing the guideline of "right livelihood" in service to the gay community. In alignment with the values of classical tantra, these events are created in the spirit of service.
Please contact Grant directly for registration payment details.
If you wish to attend, but the registration fee at this time is an issue for you, you are most welcome to contact Grant directly to discuss other options and possibilities.
If you wish to sponsor someone, please call Grant to discuss this.
We warmly invite you to join us for this Conscious Pathways Retreat: "Intimacy and Ceremony."
Retreat Event Ticket$425.00Sold Out
This event is sold out