Tantra Sweat Lodge Retreat: Living with Heart
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to the latest Conscious Sexuality Tantra Sweat Lodge Retreat for Men who love Men:
Living With Heart
· Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to unify your sexuality and spirituality?
· Do you want to experience true intimacy and self-acceptance?
· Do you want to learn about yourself through the time-honoured teachings of tantra?
· Do you want to know what Living with Heart truly is?
In this residential retreat, you will discover:
· Kundalini, the tantric Heart energy of sexuality, creativity, and bliss, and how working with this energy can unify your experience of sex and spirit.
· Classical tantric teachings to increase your natural capacity for pleasure and joy and how to share this with others.
· Authentic tantric spiritual and healing practices to work with, both at the retreat and at home, to deepen your experience of true intimacy and self-acceptance.
Over the course of the retreat, Conscious Sexuality teacher Grant Shepherd will guide us in a shared exploration of Living with Heart and what it means for us as men who love men, offering Heart-centred classical Tantric technology to deepen intimate connection with ourselves and others. The entire retreat is sacred safe space, and all exercises will be consent based and respectful at all times.
The Sweat Lodge:
The retreat will culminate with us deeply entering the Heart in a traditional Sweat Lodge Ceremony. The Sweat Lodge Ceremony is a traditional Native American purification ceremony. A ceremony of renewal that brings deep spiritual and physical purification, it is known by the Native American Lakota people as the Inipi ceremony. This sacred ceremony brings healing and new beginnings into our lives. Our ceremonial facilitators for the sweat lodge are TeRangimarie and Rob Carter, who spent many years participating and leading purification ceremonies under the guidance of respected elders and teachers from North America, Canada, Alaska, and here in New Zealand.
TeRangimarie and Rob have a personal commitment to honouring their elders and teachers. They received blessings from their elders and teachers to continue taking on the responsibility of offering these ceremonies in a nurturing and safe place, Manu Wairua retreat. This ceremony is a very enriching and powerful experience that has touched many people in meaningful ways. TeRangimarie and Rob will skilfully guide us on each step of the sweat lodge journey.
About Manu Wairua Retreat :
TeRangimarie and Rob created their property as a spiritual retreat 22 years ago. The accommodation space is a renovated and comfortable woolshed with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, outdoor outhouse toilets, and a large outdoor deck with BBQ. It sleeps up to 15 with a combination of beds, couches, and air mattresses on the floor, or you are welcome to bring a tent and camp on the land—please note if camping you will still be charged the accommodation fee.
Things to know:
The property is alcohol and drug free. Please refrain from drugs or alcohol at least 48hrs before and after the retreat and ceremony.
What to wear into the lodge:
Our teachings are from traditional ways. Men wear shorts or sarong, a t-shirt is optional. Please refrain from nudity.
What to bring:
· A sacred item for our altar co-creation.
· Your own bedding (we supply bottom sheet, pillow with pillowcase.)
· A towel for a shower after the lodge.
· Anything you need for your personal wellbeing: toiletries, medication, earplugs, bug repellent, etc.
· A white sage bundle for your own personal sweat lodge offering.
· Shared snacks for the time you are here.
Sweat Lodge Tobacco Offering:
Ceremonial medicines: Tobacco is one of the traditional plant medicines used in the purification sweat lodge. Tobacco is the plant medicine traditionally offered to the Elder running the ceremony. It is used by the Elder as an offering to the Creator and the Spirit Helpers asking for healing and protection for themselves and those attending the ceremony. Tobacco holds a spiritual energy and is known by some Native Elders as “The Grandmother who brings ‘the honouring to the ceremony’”. It is customary to gift a pouch of tobacco to the Lodge Elder as an honouring for hosting the ceremony. If coming as a group one pouch is acceptable, handed to the Elder before the ceremony on behalf of those attending. This will be taken care of by Grant on behalf of all attending the retreat.
Registration Fee (all inclusive: accommodation, meals, tuition, tobacco offering, pipe ceremony, and sweat lodge:)
Please contact Grant directly for registration account details for payment.
If you wish to attend, but registration at this time is an issue for you, you are most welcome to contact Grant directly to discuss other options:
We warmly invite you to join us on this sacred Tantric journey to Living with Heart.